Friday, September 9, 2011

One Day

No this post is not about the new Anne Hathaway movie One Day. (Though I do want to see that!) It's about the phrase, "One day...". We've all said it. "One day I'll go to Paris!" or "One day my prince will come." --See even a Disney Princess has said it.-- One day is a phrase full of hope and mystery and goals and fantasy. The mention of "One day...." can get you through a crappy night at a minimum wage job, thinking of the career you'll have (and LOVE) one day. The thought of "One day..." can get you through a challenging time in life, knowing that one day it will be better and you will be stronger. The idea of "One day..." has the potential to ease a broken heart toward healing. The foresight of thinking to that one day in the future that you can make better, that you can be better. One day can contain the hugest most wild, seemingly unreachable dreams and make them feel just one day away. One day contains beauty and fantasy, but it requires bravery and adventure to get there and make it the day you envision. Just going about and doing nothing will make one day just like the day you're living, that makes you dream of other things.

My One Day List:
-I will go to Paris. No doubt.
-I will have a career I love.
-I will figure out what I will do for a career exactly.
-I will work at a Disney park again (but in entertainment this time)
-I will have my own cute apartment or house.
-I will learn to sew.
-I will change someone else's life, for the better.
-I will make my family and friends proud to be close to me.
-I will come closer to who I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you will. I have no doubt. All of it. Oh, and those two before the last one? Already accomplished.

    ReplyDelete