Monday, September 12, 2011

With My Own Two Hands!!

So today I decided to be brave and attempt sewing. And came out with a beautiful skirt!!! With some of my Mom's help (very little!) I took an elastic band (2" thick) and sewed it to 35"(ish) long fabric two layers thick and voila!!!!


Isn't it SO cute! I would've posted a picture of me in it, but it's late and I look gross, so just use your imagination! I love it! I may wear it to an audition on Thursday! I decided to share because A) I'm ridiculously proud of it. B) It really was a brave attempt as I'm not so great with a sewing machine, and it came out beautifully!
I decided I'm going to attempt a new sewing project every paycheck-ish. It costs about the same as buying the clothing item would, but then I get the satisfaction of learning, and saying I made it myself, and having no one else have it! Next up is a jersey-knit pencil skirt, and then a lace pencil skirt, both I've been dying to try! Then I don't know what else. Maybe I'll update you on my progress, maybe I'll forget. I don't know! Hehe!
Luck and love in your journeys,
C

2 comments:

  1. I am VERY impressed Ciera! You did such a good job and didn't need my help hardly at all. WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete