Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh Today

Oh today. It was one of those days after about three (or fourteen I seem to have lost count...) of those days. The bright spot though amidst all of the darkness is Rae. She came for Thanksgiving and seeing her the three times I got to truly helped me get through this week. Which is still not quite over. I work again tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be one of those days.
I'm just a little bit sick of the mindset of some people that those who work as a waitress, sales clerk, anything in the "service industry" aren't people and don't need respect. If you don't already please, please, PLEASE be kind to the poor people you come in contact with who work at restaurants, stores, anything like that. I guarantee you'll brighten their day, or at the very least make it more livable.

Anyway...Rae and Abby made me laugh, and really laugh. So hard I snorted. Many times. They gave me medicine when I was sick. Toilet Paper when I'd run out. Turkey, potatoes, and stuffing when I'd missed the best holiday of the entire year: Thanksgiving. And helped me forget all the rude people I'd come in contact with. And then their children surrounded me with the simple love that children possess and reminded me what it feels like to be adored and cherished. If only just because I'm "big" and am more than willing to pay attention to them. They cleared the clouds from my tired, tear-filled eyes and helped see again--if only for a little while--the sun shining on me. So thank you Abby and Rae, and Savvy and Esther and Jaxon and Becca and Reed and Heidi and Autumn and Phil and Eric too.

So with heavy eyelids and a tear-washed face and a heart hopeful that this midnight will break in a brilliant dawn with orange and pink clouds quickly chased away by the sun, I lay me down to sleep.
C

2 comments: