Tuesday, March 22, 2011

30DC Day 4

List 15 songs that represent your life's soundtrack:

Never Grow Up Taylor Swift--This song is very much like my life. Especially right now. I don't want to grow up. I'm going into it kicking and screaming.

A Little Bit Longer Jonas Brothers--Nick Jonas wrote this song about being diagnosed with diabetes and the main lyric is "A little bit longer and I'll be fine". In any tough time in my life, including being diagnosed with hypoglycemia, this song reminds me I'm not the only one and it will get better. In this video he says just a little bit of his speech (sorry for the Spanish translation! Haha!) that he says at every concert, and it kills me every time. Once I was in floor seats (next to Kavyn) and he looked right at us the whole time. We LOST it. We were sobbing the rest of the concert I think.

The Phantom of the Opera-- I was (and still am) obsessed with Phantom. Kavyn took me for my birthday last year in Vegas. It was amazing and perfect and I sobbed through most of the show. It was the best birthday so far. (But today could still beat it!)

Giddy Up *NSYNC-- I loved Lance Bass from *NSYNC as a girl and that was his favorite song that they sang, according to the In Concert on the Disney Channel. (Somehow I found the clip from the In Concert! I laughed so hard I cried watching it again!)

Take A Breath Jonas Brothers-- This song was a bonus track of one of their CD's and has been my favorite ever since. It is about just taking a breath because things get screwed up but just breathe through it.

One Less Bell to Answer/A House Is Not a Home Glee-- When Kristen Chenowith and Matthew Morrison sang this song it was a revelation because I had finally found the song that had been stuck in my head randomly since I was 2 and we'd listened to it on a road trip. It was amazing.

On My Own and Javert's Suicide Les Miserables-- Les Miserables changed my life. I saw it in 6th grade for being a good student with the other honor students from my class at a local high school. Even in those tender years, I understood what was going on, and sobbed for Eponine when she died in A Little Fall of Rain and then was completely, somewhat morbidly, entranced by Javert's decision to kill himself over his complex about Justice vs. Mercy. I had just had a crush on a guy who turned me down because I was a little obsessed with him, and I felt for Eponine, I wanted to hold her while she breathed her last breath. I felt like I was her, shot, betrayed, alone, disappointed, dying in his arms while he pretended that he loved me. I still very much relate to Eponine and I LOVE Samantha Barks as her. Almost as much as I LOVE Nick Jonas as Marius. He looks perfect and acts really well, he gives it his best effort, which is all anyone can. And I cannot find what Javert's name is, but that actor is brilliant. I love his portrayal. I just love the 25th Anniversary concert version.

Party In The USA Miley Cyrus-- This is HUGE for me to admit this. But I am secretly obsessed with this song. I don't even mind her voice in this song. It's just fun, and I feel like that a lot like I'm getting too much in my own head, and I just need to play my favorite song and it's a Party in the USA.

Tik Tok Ke$ha-- Kavyn and I went to a Nick Jonas and the Administration concert (that's his solo project) last year in California and had an AWESOME road trip. This was pretty much the only song we listened to. So this song just makes me think of that happy time and makes me smile and dance embarrassingly. Tik and also Tok by "K, dollar sign, ha" is also funny. It's the Glee version. :) In the episode they're learning about the dangers of alcohol at school, but then drink more, this is the assembly at the end of Alcohol Awareness Week, and their drunk performance. Brittany's dancing is AMAZING!

Amazing Grace Il Divo-- I just love this song. It's so simple and beautiful and amazing. I sang this version as a solo in church before I went to Disneyland, and could hardly keep from blubbering instead of singing. I did not sound as good as they did. But it moved me. This song also seems to most accurately describe how I feel about Heavenly Father and my relationship with him.

If U C Kate McFly-- Yes, I'm aware of the bad word in the title of the song. Don't let it scare you! The song isn't bad AT ALL! I love this song! I made my own lyrics to it about KJ (Kevin Jonas) so that one day when I'm famous, I can cover this song about my semi-creepy crush on him. I even have the choreography worked out for when I go on tour. I'm so excited. Let's all make this happen. :)

Liz On Top of The World Pride & Prejudice (2005)-- This song is gorgeous. It feeds my imagination and soul and calms me while motivating me to do the things that I really want to do. I bought the book and can now play this song--not very well, but I can play it.

Just Haven't Met You Yet Michael Buble-- This song is amazing. It's fun and light but meaningful, and then there's Michael Buble's perfect voice. And the music video is cute! I mean who doesn't want to invade a grocery store like that?! His was the first concert I ever went to and it seriously impacted me. His performance was impeccable, and his showmanship fantastic. He was inspiring. At the end of the concert he sang Song For You without a microphone at one point and I, on the very back row (I'm NOT kidding. Last row. Back section.) could hear him perfectly! His projection was mind-blowing. (Sorry about the Italian or Spanish subtitles on that one too!) After hearing him I pretty much forced my parents into giving me voice lessons. Which I seriously need to resume.

Change Taylor Swift-- I love Taylor Swift. Her songs are so real and heartfelt and honest. And this one just gets me. I listen to this and remember that trials don't last forever. It gives me courage to stand up and keep moving forward. Letting someone knock me down will only benefit their ego. Marching on despite them benefits me, and who knows who else.

Speak Now Taylor Swift-- Part of the inspiration for my blog. And it's a cute song. Hopefully I never do this though. Hopefully I speak way before that!

Well, I think I did one extra, but there they are! Hopefully the links all work!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to know now that one of the songs I (also) dearly love is called Liz On Top of the World! I had no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ciera. when i saw what you wrote about Party in the USA- i stopped breathing. literally. for like, 20 seconds. literally. caught in between a gasp and a laugh. it was probably the most shocking moment of my life. that's good of you to admit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I put in Party in the USA because of you. Because I knew you'd be so shocked. I'm glad you didn't disappoint :)

    Rae, I have the whole soundtrack for that movie, any song you need the name of I've got. :)

    ReplyDelete