Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Light

Light is something we see every day. Something we need to be able to see at all. But how much do we really think about light? I didn't hardly at all until I went to Anaheim. There I fell in love with light. I fell in love with the way sunrise came slowly, softly, showing everything in delicate pastels, and gradually allowing colors to come to their full potential. I fell in love with the daytime light, with the way everything was shown by the hazy sun subtly, gently, not brashly or harshly, just simply. And mostly, I fell in love with sunset. Sunsets there are pure magic. There's always a few clouds that turn the brightest pinks and oranges and then the softest most gorgeous dusty rose color just as the sun sinks. And the sunsets make everything glow. Especially the castle though. The castle catches all the light it's given and reflects it so perfectly. It's hard to even describe, so luckily I captured it one day with my camera.
Isn't it just perfect? The way the light softens and bounces of the castle?
It's like the soft perfect ending of a fairy tale.

Somehow Disney has paid off the sun to make their park look perfect constantly. But especially at sunset I think so then you remember the perfection and glow of happiness you saw during the day. Just look how beautiful the Matterhorn and Tea Cups look! This day was gorgeous and simply breathtaking. They are bittersweet to look at and just make me want to go back so bad I can barely stand staying home one more second.


That may be my favorite picture I took at Disneyland.
Except for the lady's head in the corner.... :/

I was driving home a week or two ago and the light was just like the glowing perfect Anaheim sunsets. It was brilliant and beautiful and I cried I was so moved. (I cry easy if you never noticed.) It made me want to run, fly, skip, drive, ride, anything to get back to Disneyland as quickly as possible to see the beauty again in the place that in belongs in my memory.

I hope the light inside me and the light of my life is much like the light of Anaheim. Soft, glowing, forgiving of faults, yet illuminating of truth, and ending in brilliant beauty and perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment