Saturday, April 28, 2012

What's in a Rose?



This rose has so very truly inspired me. In so many ways. It was a bright shining moment of beauty in a very dreary day. (Thank you Farnsworths for letting me have it!!)
If you can tell from the photos I took the outer petals are white and the further in you look the more peachy-pink the petals are. And it struck me. At first I wasn't sure why I loved the rose so much and then I realized why. 
This rose reminds me of myself.
At first glance it's just a regular rose.
But then you look closer.
You see the scars on the outer layers.
You see the depth of color in the middle.
You see how each layer of who I am makes my complete self.
You see how fragile I am.
Then you smell that I like to smell good. (Haha!)

I think we're all like this rose. Layers upon layers of personal moments, memories, quirks, lessons learned. And all making us who we are. Maybe you're a different color rose. More vibrant. Or more muted in a different kind of way. Maybe there are fewer layers to you. Or the layers aren't as tightly guarded as mine. Maybe there are fewer scars on your outer layers. Maybe you have more scars on your outer layers. Maybe your layers are tighter wrapped. 
Isn't it marvelous that although we are all so different, we all make beautiful flowers still?

1 comment: