Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Year in Review

With the year ending and all our family Christmas letters going out I've been thinking back on my year and it's shocking how much has truly changed. My life has turned completely up-side-down since last Christmas, but I've survived. So, I'm going to copy Rae and give you a little year play-by-play:

January:
Come home from Disneyland.
Get a major cold.
Find job at Krave.

February:
Wish I had a Valentine.
Keep working at Krave.
Mom's birthday.
Breathe sigh of relief Rae wasn't moving.

March:
Turned 20.
(Freaking out that I've lived through 2 decades now)
Still working.

April:
Still working.
Called to Nursery (I think it was then...).

May:
Kyle met some girl named Briana.
He fell head-over-heels for her.
Rae's moving to Texas.
It's okay because the Jonas Brothers live there too...

June:
Start going to counseling.
Still in Nursery and working.
Trying to keep myself together.
Spend as much time with DeVaults as possible.

July:
Kyle engaged.
Still spending as much time with DeVaults as possible.
Still working and in Nursery.

August:
Kyle and Briana married.
My first photo shoot ever.
Still working and in Nursery.
Missing DeVaults.
Emily's birthday.

September:
Still working and in Nursery.
Desperately missing DeVaults.

October:
Still in Nursery.
Quit Krave.
Life stuck in neutral.
Missing the DeVaults more than I thought possible.
Kyle's birthday.
Cut ties with someone who meant the world to me.
Got on a plane to Dallas, TX.
Hugged Phill.
Hugged Rae.
Hugged Reed.
Got made breakfast in bed by Reed.
Hugged Jax.
Hugged Savvy.

November:
Did Rae's laundry.
Laughed.
Cried.
Read.
Played Lego's.
Cooked and ate.
Laughed more.
Loved.
Dishes.
DeVaults.
Hugged and hugged and hugged.
Sobbed.
Got on a plane.
Sobbed the whole way home.
Parents' 25th wedding anniversary.
Thanksgiving.
Dad's Birthday.

December:
Still in Nursery.
Job as nanny for Thornton's.
Missing DeVaults.
Decision making.
Slowing moving life forward.

So, that was a little less than positive. But I'm moving forward after an incredibly difficult year. And I'm proud of that. I did everything I could and just kept moving forward. And will continue to do so through the end of this year and into the next.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Such upheaval for you this year! I am SO hopeful that 2012 won't be quite so tumultuous for all of us.

    ReplyDelete