Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Crafting!

So, in order to distract myself from boredom and loneliness lately I've been rather crafty! (Also it was a cheap way to give people thoughtful gifts for Christmas!) Helped quite a bit by the inspiration of Pinterest I've created all these things in the past month, and am now bragging about them! ...And admittedly so I can pin them on my own Pinterest and brag just a LITTLE more! :)

This is an eternity scarf I made, just two rectangles of plain cotton jersey and a little jersey braid all sewn together and big enough to slip over my head.

This is a little cotton jersey braid that I sewed into a circle to use as a headband! :D

This is a braided waist belt from three equal strips of cotton jersey and sewn on the ends (Haven't figured out a better way to fasten then to just tie at the moment...will update if I figure it out).

These are 3 used Martinelli's bottles (and a babushka doll....I didn't make that...) I made for my sister for Christmas. The one on the left is modge-podged with paper. The one in the middle has jute wrapped around it and hot-glued down. The one on the right is just spray painted with gold paint. ((Hint: to get the label off soak in water over night and it comes right off, then just scrape off the residue with a razor blade or knife.))

The trees there are what I made! You just roll cardstock into a cone and hot-glue it down and embellish if needed. The little white red and green one is covered in little pom-poms or warm fuzzies, the light brown one is circled with jute that is just hot-glued down, the dark brown just has a jute ball on top, and the green one is a patterned paper and I didn't do anything to it after rolling it.

This is the gift I made for my brother and sister-in-law. It's just a frame I painted gold, dollar store ornaments I painted with the white and put the ribbon on and attached them to the back/top of the frame. The bow is just hot-glued to the top of the frame. (If you didn't figure it out, it's a wreath!)

That's all for now!! I'll probably post more later....okay I will probably post more later. I'm addicted to crafting!! :D And I need to post what I made for my mom and dad and myself!

1 comment: