Sunday, June 5, 2011

Encouraged

So this weekend Emily and I went to my favorite place on earth (you do know what's coming don't you?!) DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was SO fantastic! Not nearly as busy as everyone seems to think it was. We hit our favorites and that's all. We did only what we wanted. First up Emily got herself a bracelet that reads guatEMala, because at one point she was in Guatemala, and it was a huge part of her life, which it is her choice to share that experience, not mine. Second was the Teacups, Emily's favorite. Then to Dumbo, a family favorite. Of course, we did what we do best and ate. At the ever-delicious Golden Horseshoe. Oh, I love the Golden Horseshoe. Not on the menu are their mozzarella sticks and they are FANTASTIC! If you're ever in Disneyland, eat them. They take about 15 minutes for them to make, but it is well-worth the wait. Also, the fishsticks are finger-licking good. Don't even get me started on their fries. I'll spare you that happy-rant. We sat with a sweet, sweet lady who had the only 2 spare chairs in the place. The reason for that being Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. Yes, I just said that. Yes, we watched it. Yes, we enjoyed it. Emily laughed so hard I thought she was going to throw up that fantastic food. Then we shopped. Oh did we shop. I love shopping at Disneyland. So much. It was great. :) After corn dogs and spying (and crying) on the parade it was time for what we went there for: A Princess and Character Look-Alike Audition for Disneyland Hong Kong.
We were taught some choreography from the Christmas parade, and did our best. Sadly, it was not good enough and we were cut after that. (The first cut.) We picked ourselves--and our shopping bags--up and headed to Cheesecake Factory for treats before going back for the fireworks! During which we cried our eyes out!!! It was just so beautiful, and I could feel Hook's crocodile behind me, tick, tick, ticking away, attempting to drag me away from happiness and magic. Then we cried our eyes out over Fantasmic. And screamed over an awesome Cast Member who scared the tears out of Emily ensuing laughter from me that was so deep and hard and hearty that I snorted 7 times in. A. Row. For our last hurrah we rode the Matterhorn, my favorite. Then we visited the gorgeous and amazing Aly who I used to work with. And then oh-so reluctantly we stared at Sleeping Beauty's Castle down Main Street USA and walked away with heavy hearts, bags, and feet.
Despite not doing so well in the audition I am greatly encouraged by it. I can try again, and I will try again. And I will do better. I will work on my dancing and ability to learn choreography. I will practice being princess-y. I feel so hopeful and happy about what's to come. I will do this, I will reach this dream. I will succeed.
And I will go back to Disneyland soon, with my best friend again, with my family again, with anyone who will go with me again.
I feel recharged for every day life until then. My strength has been renewed and I can keep going, hopeful, positive, beautiful and brave.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! That sounds like such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these memories are wonderful! All the food we had and all the tears we cried were very worth the stressful driving! :D I LOVE YOU C!!! <3~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! So happy you got to have this experience together!!! Even happier to have you home safe now!!!! Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete