Friday, May 20, 2011

Stay ((Becoming)) Strong

The Playlist

Well, here it is, what you've all been waiting for (probably not) a small selection of songs I've put in my Stay Strong playlist. --Yes, there is actually now a playlist on my iPod called Stay Strong-- You don't want the whole playlist because it has exactly 41 songs in it. While that is not my biggest playlist (by a long shot) it is far too many songs to bore you with why they inspire me to be strong.

Stronger (Glee Cast Version) - I'm inspired about this song because it talks about being stronger than you were even yesterday, and being able to stand on your own. The words are bold, the music is bold, the message is bold. And I like it. I don't know why I like this version better than the Britney Spears version, but I do. Maybe I just like Kevin McHale's voice better. Who knows, but that's the version that's in my playlist.

Who Says (Selena Gomez) -I. Love. This. Song. It's light and encouraging and sassy all at the same time. I listen to this song probably 3 times a day. It's like my anthem right now. It reminds me that the people who say I'm not star potential or presidential or says I'm not beautiful or pretty or brave, those people who say that are nobody's to me. They aren't a part of the world I've built for myself ((with God's and many other's help)) and I should never listen to their words, because what I say and what those close to me say matter.

Love Is On Its Way (Jonas Brothers) - This song is amazing. It's so hopeful. It reminds me that someday my Prince will come, but also that until then I'm special by myself. And I don't need to sit around waiting for him. It's like the line from Freaky Friday "You're a smart, strong, beautiful woman and you don't need a man to complete you". I don't. I'd like a man to come along. I'd like that a lot. But I don't need him to be whole. That is not healthy to think you need a man (or woman) to be completed. It will come when it will, until then be whole within yourself. Also, love comes in many forms, and nearly always one form or another is heading your way. In case you were wondering, LIOIW is my texting signature and has been for a long time and it stands for the title of this song.

Believe In Me (Demi Lovato) - I couldn't have a playlist inspired by Demi's new mantra without a song by her. This is one of my favorite songs of hers. It's admitting you need help and wanting to change and then accepting yourself, and changing the things you need and want to. And now, knowing what we know about her personal issues, it was very brave of her to say the things she did in this song. Hopefully this song helped her like it helps me to believe in myself.

Party in The USA (Miley Cyrus) - You can't always just be working and working on yourself and on everything in life, you need to have a little party sometimes and let yourself enjoy the moments! This is my current go-to personal dance party song. Rock out, you know you want to! Nod your head like yeah, move your hips like yeah!

Take A Breath (Jonas Brothers) - This is my all time favorite Jonas Brothers song. Everything's crazy and maybe your world is crashing down, but just breathe. You'll get through it. Take a breath. Keep breathing. If you have to stop and just breathe, do. It's immensely helpful. And sometimes it's all you can do to keep going. "Clouds can move, and skies will be wide open."

Smile (Glee Cast Version) - I've always loved this song. It was on a Natalie Cole CD we listened to in the car when I was a kid. And I loved it. I love the softness of both versions. It is just a chance to breathe and smile and regroup yourself. Smile is often on my daily to-do lists. And I mean real smile, not fake-at-customer-smiling. God sends smiles your way everyday, take the moments and cherish them. Focus on them. Yes, crappy stuff does happen. But for the sake of yourself, just smile at the happy, don't frown at the crappy. (Sorry, you know I can't resist a rhyme!) "You'll see the sun come smiling through, for you, if you just smile." :)

I'd be happy to hear songs from your Stay Strong playlist!! Even if you don't actually have a playlist, and just have a song or two or two-thousand that helps you make it through those tough days, comment it! I'd love to hear yours!!
Or you could join me in my challenge and post your own Stay ((And/Or Becoming)) Strong playlist on your blog!!!! Pretty Please? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Glee songs, especially! I LOVE Stronger (their version) and Who Says; I run to both of those.

    ReplyDelete