Friday, February 11, 2011

Adventure

Well, my brother and sister are probably boarding their plane right now to go to Guatemala. They're doing service their with a dental group (I'm hoping my mom comments and puts the name of the group on here, because I always spell it wrong!). I hope they have a great adventure but, like every Disney movie, get home safely.
Speaking of Disney, I really miss Disneyland. I keep dreaming about it. And all this missing the Happiest Place on Earth (which I still think of as home), is not helped by the return of Dole Pineapple Whips to Krave--for those of you who don't know those are sold at the entrance to Adventureland. It's like my own taste of Adventureland. But with no Bazaar to go look into, or journey through Tarzan's Treehouse, no Indiana Jones to ride on, or Jungle Cruise to go through laughing too hard at the half-baked jokes, no Bengal Barbecue to walk past and tell my best friend (who is always there with me in my dreams, like she was those beautiful 6 months) "That's the Jonas Brothers favorite place to eat in Disneyland!" and no reply from her--laughing of course! "You've told me a thousand times! And I'm the one who told you that!". I miss working with everyone there at the Emporium, I miss class on Wednesdays sitting next to Micayla, I just miss that life I had. Though it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life, that 6 months was the most beautiful and wonderful, happy time in my life. And I miss it terribly. Anyone have a time machine they can give me to go revisit that? :) No, it is a beautiful memory and shall stay golden and glowing with fairy dust as it does. And as is the new theme for Disney Parks "Let the Memories Begin."
I'm on my own Adventure currently. An Adventure to use Brave Words to set the truth straight and still see the Beauty in others. An Adventure to set the truth free and to make things right. And let me tell you, it's an Adventure. I've felt my balloons be popped halfway to Paradise Falls, and felt my jeep break down in the middle of my journey. But also, there have been good things come from this Adventure as Indy or Mr. Fredrickson and Carl or any other adventurer would experience too. Though relationships have been tested, already they've become stronger. Though I thought I would fall apart, already I have become stronger and--surprisingly--braver. There's still more to come though, the worst isn't over, but the best is yet to come.

Just remember, "Adventure is out there!"

1 comment: